A
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Day 10/30: Cooking and not eating Ultra-Processed Food

Hi! I’ve read all the comments on prior points, but have had a major work deadline and just got time now. Thanks for the advice!

Biggest change - I met a new nutritionist in person and took a DEXA scan, which was a bit depressing to me since I gained fat in the 6 months of nonstop stress eating and ultra processed food.

We spoke on that, and she mentioned eating more, so 5 small meals per day. And meal prepping to bring food into the office and bringing in a water bottle with a ton of water. I bring 3 containers of food during work, then eat after work.

Problem is that I’m rapidly getting bored, but I do like having the same thing for 3-4 days instead of meal prepping for the entire week. I’ll check out recipes this week to make next week! And I’m also going into work at the coffee shop I love and get food from this weekend, which is exciting!

Started doing the 30 day challenge on a split schedule with Reformer, mainly because the DEXA scan showed a loss of lean muscle and a lower BMR, so I definitely want to increase that.

Weirdly, maybe for aesthetic reasons, but the DEXA scan motivated me more than going to the doctor and getting a blood panel. I’m still staying up way too late to finish work and not getting enough sleep since my manager wants me in the office early, so I’m nearly always sleep deprived, which isn’t great. I’ve been drinking water when stressed out at work, and I have my stress eating items with me, so it’s not too bad

I think I chew or drink water as a stress eating response. It’s not sugar like I thought it was, I just need to chew on something, so fruit salads are healthier. And then I stay full.

Also, I can’t have oats due to allergies, but thanks for the advice! I’m having a quiche for breakfast, yogurt and fruit for snack 1, a random recipe with tons of veggies and protein, a fruit salad for snack 2 with peanut butter, and finally the same random recipe for dinner. And then 120 oz of water throughout the day. And I’ll also have a protein drink somewhere in there, too.

It’s been really filling!